Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Halloween Piñata....Sourdough

After we made our flour & water paper mache and covered our balloon I, true to form, didn't feel like cleaning up....at all. So a whole day (and a half) passes, balloon is dry, and I notice something magical, a procrastination reward!! My leftover pot of paper mache has become a festering yeast pool AKA sourdough starter! Had I cleaned this pot in good housewifely time I would not have been granted such reward! So I made paper mache sourdough bread. As I am telling my husband about the origins of this wonderful creation we are eating with our dinner he reminds me that I dipped the entire Times Herald into the batter, strip by strip, and suggests that maybe I tell the story in reverse, so as to not seem gross. Well maybe I am gross because it had not even crossed my mind nor did it bother me in the least. What is more important is the moral. 

No comments:

Post a Comment